Whether it’s through owned, earned, or paid media channels, buyers want to know that brand marketers inherently get them. Not just the buyer persona marketer-speak. But do you your buyers pain points and meeting them at their person. The key is appealing to your audience, authentically.
Looking at them as people, not personas.
Why Marketing Humor Works
Having a sense of humor is one of the most natural ways to connect with your audience. Wordplay, having fun with puns, and dishing out subtle jokes are powerful strategies for appealing to your audience. If anything, it lets them know that you’re trying to connect with them on a human level instead of through industry buzzwords and flashy ad copy.
Past the initial contact of presenting a message packed with humor, there’s often a sense of community. People want to engage with and share stuff that made them laugh out loud or shoot milk out of their noses. Think Dollar Shave Club’s marketing or Old Spice campaigns in recent years. Their products or sales models were straightforward enough not to warrant a second glance — the humor put them both over the top.
The moral of the story? Don’t be afraid to be funny.
With all that being said, I’ve prepared some digital marketing jokes and puns that I’ve slapped my knee to. I can neither confirm nor deny that others have laughed at them. But they’ve definitely groaned.
That still counts, I think.
Digital Marketing Jokes and Puns
- I just got off the phone with the local pastor. They need help with their conversion rates.
- Beekeepers are extremely meticulous with regards to market research. They glean insights by going b2b.
- Why did the theatergoer get slapped with a restraining order? He kept trying to capture the leads.
- I know an email marketer whose ape breeding business failed. All he had were Mailchimps.
- How many digital marketers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None — they’ve automated it.
- Why is it difficult dating a religious marketer? They won’t stop trying to convert you.
- What snacks to social media marketers love to eat? Instagram crackers.
SEO Jokes and Puns
- An SEO expert walks into a bar, a tavern, a pub, a watering hole, a dive, and an alehouse.
- How do SEO experts shop for trampolines? They check for bounce rate.
- Contrary to popular belief, SEO experts love driving during rush hour. They appreciate the traffic.
- How do SEO experts celebrate improved search engine rankings? SERP rise parties.
- Why do SEO experts love shopping at Whole Foods? There’s a lot of organic content.
- How many SEO experts does it take to change a light bulb, lightbulb, lightbulbs, lighting, lights, bulbs?
How to Improve Your Marketing
Beyond the metrics and the products or services you want to send your audience’s way, it’s important to keep sight of authenticity. Spark up your messaging with a dash of humor. Add a little personality.
Be a little more human.
90odd helps companies tie purpose to their core messaging, enabling them to reach their audiences better. Want to hit brand goals? Find out how 90odd can help with SEO and content marketing for your next campaign.